Thursday, September 22, 2016

To the marvellous captain -> Sir Affendi Hashim

Today is a special day, it's 23rd September 2016. It is your birthday. Happy Birthday, Sir! Wishing you all the best on your birthday. May Allah bless you with success, health, happiness, patience and strength. May all your dreams come true and may you live the life that you have always dreamed of. May Allah bless you with victory in this life and eternal life too. Again, Happy birthday!

"Anis, you may be doing Software Engineering and that's okay. With good English, you can apply for Pegawai Tadbir Diplomatik and you will be a good one!" And guess what? I took his advice and applied for the position in my final year. My application was accepted and I got the job right after I graduated! Alhamdulilah...

Sir Affendi wasn't your average kind of Malaysian and lecturer. In other words, he doesn't just teach English but also shares the wisdom he gained and learnings along the way. His life experience was valuable and he does not plan to keep it all to himself. Part of his coaching session in public speaking was also to boost your confidence and change the way you think. I got more than I bargain for. My mindset changed, my confidence is now more solid and most importantly I am better organising and handling my work and life. Personally, I believe I owe him a lot.

I met Sir Affendi Hashim when I was studying Software Engineering in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. He was an English lecturer and taught beyond the subject itself. He shared about life and experiences, to me as a student it was inspiring. He wasn't just your normal lecturer, he is an educator.

Besides teaching at the university, he conducts workshops for private and government organisation. His workshops cover on ethics, customer services, motivation, team building and much more. He also does custom workshops depending on the client's' request to tackle minor or major issues in their organisation.

If you are seeking for trainings or consultancy, I highly recommend you to contact him at 019-713 3067 for enquiries or just to get to know him. He is worth every minute of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment